Plenty of time is allotted for our games to be played according to standard high school rules. Our IAABO officials are instructed to call the game consistent with these rules. We deviate from the standard rules with the number of time outs allowed and in overtime situations. See rules below.
- Game time:
- Grades 7-12: 16 min halves
- Grades 5-6: 14 min halves
- Half time:
- 5 minutes
- Warm up:
- 5 minutes
- 2 timeouts per half
- no carryover
- all timeouts are full (60 seconds)
- 1 and 1 bonus begins on seventh foul
- 2 shots begin on the tenth foul
- Technical fouls:
- Standard in game rules
- Second technical results in removal from gym for remainder of game
- Three total technical fouls at any time results in becoming ineligible for remainder of tournament
- 1st OT: 3 minutes, 2nd OT: 2 minutes, 3rd OT: Golden Basket (first to score)
- 1 timeout (60 second) per overtime period, no carryovers
- Game ball:
- Best ball from either team
- Standard size for boys (29.5) and girls (28.5)
- 5th & 6th grade will use 28.5 ball
- Official book:
- Game officials will designate official book prior to start of the game
- Must sit at the scoring table
- Mercy rule:
- Sportsmanship should guide all coaches in this situation
- Rule is not automatic
- Running time can be applied in the following case:
- Second half only
- 20+ point differential
- Coach of the losing team approves switching to running time
- Clock remains running except for the following:
- Time-outs (charged, injury, or officials’)
- Start times:
- Games may start early when teams and officials are present and ready to start
- A 5 minute warmup period is allotted for games that are behind schedule
- Please be at your gym and ready to play at least 20 minutes before game time. Games can start earlier than scheduled game time if both teams and coaches are ready to play. The site administrator will determine game time if a conflict arises.
- Both teams are encouraged to have a bookkeeper at the table
- Teams must provide their own warm up balls
- Each team must have a coach on sidelines at all times. Please do not ask us to schedule games so a coach can coach two teams. You must have a coach for each team entered in the tournament.
- Water and sport drinks are allowed in the gyms
- Site director and clock keeper will oversee games at each site. Any questions please see them.
- Teams must provide their own medical supply needs
- Gyms will open at 7:30 each morning
- Any person who does not show good sportsmanship will be asked to leave.
- A championship trophy will be awarded in each age division
Teams that finish undefeated will be declared champion in their age level bracket. If two teams finish 3-1 the champion will determined by the following criteria:
- Head to head competition between the 3-1 teams
- Point spread of wins over teams in the same bracket. Max point spread that will count in this calculation is 10 points.
- If the result is still a tie, co-champions will be declared
Final determination will be determined by the Rules Committee of the Kingdom Basketball Club.
Each year the Kingdom Basketball Club recognizes a team that stands out in the area of sportsmanship. The winner of this award, chosen by the officials and tournament personnel, is the team (players and coaches) that displays the best sportsmanship, positive attitude, and courteousness, both on the court and off, during the tournament.
We are pleased to play our games in these fine local gyms and support our local schools and athletes. Please show respect for all the facilities. We use the Northern Vermont University gym site as our central communication and check in site, and provide site administrators at all sites. Other area facilities are used when needed.
- Northern Vermont University(NVU), 1001 College Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Lyndon Institute (LI), Institute Circle, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Lyndon Town School, 2591 Lily Pond Rd, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- Hazen Union High School, 126 Hazen Union Dr, Hardwick, VT 05843
- Hardwick Elementary, 135 South Main Street, Hardwick, VT 05843
- Concord High School, 173 School St, Concord, VT 05824
- Cabot High School, 25 Common Road, Cabot, VT 05647
- Miller’s Run School, 3249 VT-122, Sheffield, VT 05866
- Blue Mountain Union School (BMU), 2420 US-302, Wells River, VT 05081